The Map of Medicine (Map) is a web based application aimed at supporting GPs at the point of care. National NICE approved and local CCG approved care pathways will be available within your clinical system.
The Map of Medicine software must first be installed on your computer in order to be able to use it with your clinical system and you will require a unique username and password. Training and installation for practices is now complete.
There are currently 96 maps and 114 referral forms available.
This is the link to the full list of published Maps
This is the link to the full list of published Referral Forms
The following maps have been amended recently:
· MSK – we have added the Virtual Fracture Clinic Practice Briefing and Referral form.
· Suffolk Community Healthcare – updated to include the new Integrated Community Paediatric Services Referral form.
· Respiratory and Sleep Apnoea - Added the SCH Community Intervention Service Home Oxygen Referral Form and information about the Home Oxygen Order Form & Initial Home Oxygen Risk Mitigation (IHORM) & Consent Form. Added information about the current and planned Pulmonary Rehab courses.
The following new maps have been added:
· Consultant to Consultant Referral Joint Policy
· Learning Disabilities Map
· Public Health Map
These are the top pathways and referral forms which have been used in the past year until June 17
Top 10 pathway views
MSK - Musculoskeletal Conditions Referral
Suffolk Community Healthcare
2 week wait node map
Diagnostic Imaging Pathway
Pre-Referral (ALL) Guidance
ENT Pre Referral (ALL) Guidance
Mental Health Services
Audiology - GP Direct Referral Clinic 16+ years
Top 10 referral Forms
MSK Referral form
ENT ALL PRG
Gynaecology ALL PRG
Diagnostic Imaging - X-Ray
Urology ALL PRG
Podiatry Referral form
Thank you for all the feedback which has been provided through Map of Medicine.
Dr Juno Jesuthasan has developed tutorial videos for Map of Medicine and these are available here.