1. Click the Reporting Menu, then Miscellaneous and then Electronic Frailty Index Report
2. The report page will appear. Enter 100 in the box to ensure all patients in the surgery are checked, and make sure the “Percent” option is also selected.
3. Press “Run Report” at the top of the screen, this may take a while.
4. Once the list of patients appears, click on the “Score” Column heading, this will sort the list of patients by their eFI score.
5. Click and drag down over the patients you would like to readcode (This could be Severe, Moderate or Mild Scores).
6. Right click on the highlighted list and select “Add Read Code”
7. Click the Red R to open the read code browser and select the appropriate code.
8. Press OK
9. Repeat this process for the other categories of frailty as shown below.
eFI in Emis Web is automatic and runs in the background for appropriate patients. When you open a patient, the pink popup reminder box in the bottom right hand corner of screen will display the eFI as a background search with Mild, Moderate or Severe already identified. If at this point you click on the frailty prompt, Emis will give the score (required if you want to put this number into the clinical record). At this point, you can code them as mild moderate or severe frailty, if you feel that is clinically appropriate.
0 - 0.12
0.13 – 0.24
0.25 – 0.36
Express consent for core and additional Summary Care Record dataset upload