Your first port of call should always be either Wellbeing Suffolk or your GP practice. Both have a wealth of experience with mental health problems ranging from minor anxiety, through depression to severe and enduring mental health problems. You will not be judged so do not hesitate to make contact with them.
- the 'Wellbeing Suffolk' website contains self help information and resources to help you gain a better understanding and start your journey to improved wellbeing - visit: www.wellbeingsuffolk.co.uk
12th Man Peer Support Project in Suffolk
This project provides training and encouragement to help men talk more openly about mental health, and to support friends, family and colleagues. More information...
Alzheimer's Society - Services in East Suffolk
- provides information on dementia, including factsheets and helplines
- Helpline: 0300 222 11 22
Counselling Directory is a confidential service that encourages those in need to seek help and to connect individuals with qualified counsellors in the UK. The website contains information on the common reasons people turn to counselling, self-care techniques, as well as articles, news, and events.
Help for Heroes
Help for Heroes is a national military charity formed to support injured solders initially in the Military Ward at Selly Oak Hospital in Birmingham. From that project a network of rehab centres across the UK including one in Colchester. They provide Sports Recovery, Psychological Support, Health and Wellbeing, Career Recovery and Welfare support to individuals and their families. Chavasse VC House is the name of the Colchester Centre that has been specially designed to offer the very best recovery atmosphere. It offers 27 single en-suite bedrooms and dedicated family suites. Arts and craft areas, presentation and IT suites and an adaptive gym with specialist equipment also form part of the Centre. They are keen to promote their work and help raise the profile in Suffolk, any former, current serving or reservists can self-refer to them for support and use of their excellent facilities.
How we can help you | Mind, the mental health charity
- information & support; When you’re living with a mental health problem, or supporting someone who is, having access to the right information about a condition, treatment options, or practical issues is vital
Mental-health A-Z | Mind, the mental health charity
- Suffolk Mind provide advice and support to empower anyone experiencing a mental health problem and campaign to improve services, raise awareness and promote understanding.
- Support for anyone in distress, around the clock, through 201 branches across the UK
- National Telephone Helpline: 116 123
- Ipswich and East Suffolk Branch
Feeling stressed, anxious or depressed?
NHS Choices Moodzone can help you on your way to feeling better
For more information search ‘Talking Helps’ at www.healthysuffolk.org.uk
The Mental Health Crisis Care Concordat is a national agreement between services and agencies involved in the care and support of people in crisis. It sets out how organisations will work together better to make sure that people get the help they need when they are having a mental health crisis.
Mental Health Crisis Care Concordat